MANAGED PRINT (MPS)
In cooperation with industry-leading software, our managed print services are designed to monitor, measure and manage network-wide document output, making it easy to track copy and print activities in a detailed manner.
Enabling you to easily and accurately allocate costs to specific individuals, departments or groups.
Managed print services will enable you to better understand office equipment usage and manage your document output costs.
Managed print benefits:
- Direct output to the most efficient device
- Eliminate unauthorised printing and copying
- Product document confidentiality
- Obtain insight into usage patterns
- Increase device efficiency for the best ROI
- Reduce IT support requirements
Managed print has never been simpler. Coupled with our on-site and remote support, with end-user training, you and your team will be guided through the systems to ensure the implementation is a smooth and simple process.
What are Managed Print Services (MPS)?
Managed Print Services (MPS) are services offered by external providers to optimise or manage a company’s document output. The main components provided are needs assessment, selective or general replacement of hardware, and the service, parts, and supplies needed to operate the new and/or existing hardware (including existing third-party equipment if this is required).
Furthermore, MPS also helps track how the printer, copier, and MFP fleets are being used, the problems, and the user’s satisfaction. MPS is all about improving an organisation’s document output to serve its specific needs in a more efficient and controlled manner, which enhances workflow and reduces expenditure.
What Your Print Provider Should Provide for Your MPS
Your managed print services provider should offer a comprehensive suite of services to ensure your Managed Print Services (MPS) functions optimally. This includes a thorough needs assessment to identify the specific requirements of your organisation, followed by the provision of suitable print management hardware. The provider should also offer both on-site and remote support, helping to troubleshoot any issues and reduce the burden on your IT team.
Beyond the hardware, your print provider should offer solutions that directly cater to your organisation’s workflow. This involves tracking usage patterns, identifying bottlenecks, and offering tailored solutions to enhance efficiency and productivity. They should also manage the supply of toner and consumables, so your team never runs out of essential printing materials.
Furthermore, a good MPS provider will ensure document confidentiality and eliminate unauthorised printing and copying, thereby maintaining the integrity of your office environment.
Ultimately, your print provider should serve as a partner, working with you to continuously optimise your print infrastructure and align it with your organisation’s evolving needs.
Benefits of Managed Print Services
Managed Print Services (MPS) offer a multitude of benefits to organisations of all sizes, across diverse sectors.
- Cost Control: MPS can significantly reduce printing expenditures by streamlining the printing process and rationalizing the print infrastructure. This optimisation leads to substantial savings, helping businesses to better manage and predict print costs.
- Improved Efficiency and Productivity: By identifying and remedying bottlenecks in the printing process, MPS helps to maximise the efficiency of printing operations. This increases productivity as employees spend less time addressing print-related issues and more time focusing on their core responsibilities.
- Enhanced Security: MPS providers ensure document confidentiality by implementing secure printing protocols, therefore reducing the risk of sensitive data being exposed.
- Visibility and Accountability: MPS provide detailed insights into print usage patterns, allowing for accurate allocation of costs to specific individuals, departments, or groups. This increased visibility promotes accountability and encourages responsible usage of print resources.
- Sustainability: By optimizing print operations and reducing wastage, MPS contribute to sustainability efforts, reinforcing an organization’s commitment to environmental conservation.
- Reduced Burden on IT: MPS providers offer both on-site and remote support, significantly reducing the demands on internal IT teams, and freeing them up to focus on strategic initiatives.
Overall, Managed Print Services offer a comprehensive solution to manage, optimise, and control an organisation’s print infrastructure in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
The Components of Managed Print Service Solutions
Managed Print Service Solutions comprise four key components that contribute to its success:
- Needs Assessment: This is the first step where the MPS provider conducts a detailed audit of your current print environment. It involves evaluating the existing hardware, assessing document output, and identifying areas for potential improvement. This step is crucial in understanding the unique needs of your organization.
- Hardware and Software Implementation: Based on the needs assessment, the provider will suggest hardware and software solutions that align with your business goals. This might involve enhancing your current setup or introducing entirely new print solutions. The aim is to ensure your print and document management processes are efficient and cost-effective.
- Continuous Management and Monitoring: Once the systems are in place, the MPS provider will continuously monitor your print environment to ensure optimal performance. This involves regular check-ins, software updates, and proactive troubleshooting. This continuous management helps keep your print infrastructure operating at peak efficiency.
- Training and Support: To ensure seamless adoption of the new systems, MPS providers offer both on-site and remote support, along with comprehensive training for your staff. This helps your team effectively utilise the new systems, thereby maximising the return on your investment.
Together, these components work to transform your print environment, aligning it with digital transformation goals, and driving efficiency and productivity within your organisation.
What industries use Managed Print Services?
Managed Print Services (MPS) are utilised across a broad range of industries, reflecting their versatility and adaptability. Some of the key sectors include:
- Education: Schools, colleges, and universities use MPS to manage their extensive print volumes efficiently and cost-effectively while ensuring the security of sensitive documents.
- Healthcare: Hospitals and medical facilities leverage MPS to handle a high volume of records, prescriptions, and reports, ensuring compliance with stringent data privacy regulations.
- Legal: Law firms use MPS to securely manage the printing and copying of confidential documents while keeping track of the vast quantities of printed material.
- Finance: Banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions use MPS to securely process and manage the printing of numerous financial documents.
- Manufacturing: MPS helps manufacturing companies streamline their printer fleets and manage high-volume printing with efficiency and precision.
- Government: Public sector organizations use MPS to manage their print volumes, improving efficiency and reducing costs while ensuring document confidentiality.
Each industry has unique requirements and challenges that MPS can address, offering tailored solutions to optimise print management.
How much does Managed Print Services (MPS) Cost?
The cost of Managed Print Services (MPS) can vary dramatically depending on the specific needs of your organisation. Factors such as the size of your print fleet, the volume of printing, and your specific operational requirements all play a role in determining the cost.
A small business may find services available for as low as £100 per month, while larger organisations with extensive print needs could expect to pay several thousands of pounds monthly.
Most MPS providers offer scalable solutions, meaning you only pay for the services you need. Additionally, the return on investment can be substantial, as MPS can lead to significant cost savings through increased efficiency and reduced wastage. It is advisable to request a detailed quote from the provider tailored to your organisation’s needs for a more accurate cost estimation. Contact us today for a free consultation and quote!
Can Managed Print Services help in reducing costs?
Absolutely, Managed Print Services (MPS) can be instrumental in reducing costs for organisations. The strategic implementation of comprehensive managed print services can bring about significant savings in several ways.
Firstly, MPS streamline your print operations, eliminating wastage and promoting efficient use of resources which directly impacts the bottom line.
Secondly, by gaining a clear understanding of your print usage patterns, MPS allows for more accurate budgeting and cost allocation. Moreover, MPS providers offer regular maintenance and support, which can significantly reduce costs associated with printer downtime and repair.
Lastly, by offloading the management of your print environment to experts, your IT team is freed to focus on core business tasks, potentially adding to cost savings in terms of productivity. So, in short, investing in MPS could result in substantial financial benefits for your organisation.
How can I measure the success and effectiveness of Managed Print Services in my organisation?
The success and effectiveness of Managed Print Services (MPS) in your organisation can be gauged through several key metrics.
- Cost Reductions: One of the primary objectives of MPS is to reduce printing costs. You can track savings by comparing your expenses before and after adopting MPS. This includes direct costs, such as paper, ink, and hardware, as well as indirect costs like employee time spent on printing tasks.
- Efficiency Improvements: Check for reductions in wasted resources and process bottlenecks. Enhanced efficiency might also be evidenced by quicker turnaround times for printing tasks and less downtime due to printer issues.
- Environmental Impact: MPS can help decrease your organisation’s environmental footprint by reducing paper waste and energy usage. You can measure this through decreased paper usage and lower energy bills.
- Security Enhancements: MPS also aims to improve the print security within your organisation. You can evaluate this through factors like fewer data breaches and better compliance with data protection regulations.
- User Satisfaction: Survey your staff to gauge their satisfaction with the new print management systems. Improved satisfaction could indicate a successful MPS implementation.
Remember, the most effective measures of success will depend on your organisation’s specific goals for implementing MPS.